Tuesday, January 10, 2012

10 Questions That Will Help You Achieve Professional Success in 2012



Do successful professionals reflect upon their accomplishments?
Do successful professionals set goals?
Do successful professionals establish a roadmap to help them achieve success?

The answer to these questions is YES!

It is possible to enjoy and achieve greater professional success year after year.Taking time to reflect and respond to a few questions once a year will enable you to take your career to a new level.  You will be able to accelerate your success.
Taking time at the beginning of a new year to evaluate your performance, reflect upon your successes, identify your challenges and prepare your career plan for the next twelve months is worth the effort. Now that the holidays are behind us it is the perfect time for me to start your new year off on a positive path. 
By answering the following ten questions you are setting the stage for your success in 2012. 

1.    What did I accomplish last year?  Be specific.  Create a list that you will be able to save for future reference when asking for a raise, seeking a promotion, updating your resume, interviewing, etc.

2.    What did I learn last year that will enable me to be more productive, efficient and valuable this year?  Include any new skills, as well as ways of approaching challenges and responsibilities.

3.    What held me back last year?  What got in my way and prevented me from excelling?  Knowing your challenges is the first step toward overcoming them.

4.    Who helped me last year and supported my efforts?  Who was in my corner?  It is important to recognize the people on your team or in your professional circles who have helped you become more successful.  Find ways to help them excel professionally and go out of your way to thank them this year.

5.     Where did I fail to take responsibility for my mistakes last year?   Why did I choose to pass the buck and how can I avoid that type of reaction in the future.

6.    What mistakes did I make last year and what can I do to avoid making them again this year? What did I learn from my mistakes that will help me add greater value this year

7.    Was I happy in my job last year?  If so, how can I continue to enjoy my work?  If I am not happy, what do I need to do to enjoy my work?

8.    Was I proud of the work I did last year?  If not, what do changes do I need to make in my career so that I feel proud and energized? 

9.    What types of projects and/or clients were exciting for me last year?  What did I find truly motivating and how can I find ways to do more of that type of work this year?

10. What do I REALLY want to accomplish this year?  Twelve months from now, what do I need to do so that I will feel successful, valuable and fulfilled? 

If you want to take your career to the next level I encourage you to answer each of these questions for yourself.  If you need help setting your goals for 2012 or establishing and executing your action plan to achieve your goals I encourage you to reach out to me.  People who have their own career coaches excel professionally, earn higher salaries and receive more promotions than people who try to muscle through their challenges without a coach in their corner.
It is not easy to answer these types of tough questions.  It can be challenging to push yourself to do more, do better and alter behaviors that may be holding you back.  The most successful people reach out for support and encouragement when facing challenges. 
Start your year off right by answering these ten simple questions.  Take charge of your career!  I encourage you to be strategic and create your own path for success.  I encourage you to operate from a position of strength.  Your career growth is in your hands.

2 comments:

  1. Great blog. Thanks for sharing your ideas about successful professional career. Now a days its so important to focus on our career because competition increases day by day. Have look on e-KALB career coaching site, yoy get access to the best strategies for creating a personal brand and beating your competition out of the job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Career coaching is required for those individuals seeking for help regarding their profession lives.

    Career Coaching

    ReplyDelete